- Deeply assess the varied aspects of excellence in teaching and recognize outstanding teachers by awarding them the CENTA Certificate.
- Facilitate a professional growth environment for teachers by establishing linkage between the CENTA Certificate and career opportunities depending upon the interest and profile of the Awardee. Opportunities may range from weightage in the recruitment process of some schools, to being one of the inputs in a school’s promotion process, to access to unique professional development options and additional roles such as curriculum developer, teacher trainer, etc.
- Support professional development of teachers, by providing the participants a detailed view of their performance in different teaching competency areas, as well as potentially connecting them to training entities which may be able to support them in their professional development. Please note that CENTA itself is an independent certification entity and does not offer training for teachers.
CENTA Certificate currently consists of five modules, namely Subject Expertise, Content Development, Student Assessment & Remediation, Classroom Communication and Professional Competencies. These modules can be taken independently and at the candidate's own pace (subject to timeline criteria). Each of first four modules leads to independent CENTA Micro-Credentials which are relevant for specific roles/opportunities. All five modules, when completed successfully, add up to the CENTA Certification. Additional specialist modules will be added over time; for example, Technology in Education, Diversity & Inclusion.
Levels and Subject-grade combinations
CENTA Certification is available at three levels, corresponding to the experience levels of teachers:
Level 1 (L1): New Teacher (typically less than 3 years of experience)
Level 2 (L2): Experienced Teacher (typically 3 to 10 years of experience)
Level 3 (L3): Senior Teacher (typically more than 10 years of experience).
The Certification and Micro-Credentials are currently available in 14 subject-grade combinations whose syllabus is board agnostic):
Primary (Language, Maths, EVS) in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu mediums
Middle School English, Middle School Maths, Middle School Science, Middle School Social Studies
High School English, High School Maths, High School Biology, High School Physics, High School Chemistry and High School Economics.
More subjects will be added over time.
The Certification process is fully technology supported, enabling the submissions to be done online from anywhere. The Assessment is undertaken by a panel of expert assessors. The process involved two kinds of assessments:
- Candidates need to submit module-specific ePortfolio Submissions (such as lesson plan, classroom videos, student portfolio, assessment portfolio), and video interview (specific to certain modules only)
- Candidates need to take a proctored assessment involving objective and subjective questions. This is proctored remotely online using audio-visual equipment; in case of specific batches of candidates, proctoring at a local centre is available as an option.
CENTA Certification and Micro-Credential: CENTA Micro-Credential can be earned for each module by achieving cut-off scores. CENTA Certificate can be earned by scoring an aggregate cut-off in all five modules.
Confidential Performance Report: A confidential performance report (shared only to the candidate) provides scores with strength and development areas in competencies assessed. This can be used for specific inputs into professional development.
Professional Development Linkages: Access to information for addressing specific professional development needs: Online content, Online courses and Training entities
Recognition and Career Opportunities: Access to a range of benefits including career opportunities, rewards and recognition
For more details, contact us at: email@example.com.
WhatsApp or call us at: +917349662401