At the end of another exciting and high growth year, CENTA is now recruiting for the following roles to strengthen its team. Please fill the small form alongside, or better still, write to email@example.com at the earliest with your resume, indicating the role(s) you are interested in. All roles are primarily Bangalore-based, though base in a different location could be considered selectively.
1. A person to lead and build the CENTA Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad or TPO as an independent vertical/initiative: Given that TPO has started serving a valuable purpose for teachers and schools and in CENTA’s overall theory of change, CENTA plans to significantly enhance and scale up TPO, making it an almost independent vertical/initiative. Apart from continuously adding locations and subjects, this would mean enhancing outreach to teachers and schools of all segments, using a range of channels, making the brand well-accepted among stakeholders, improving TPO related data analytics, building the community of participants in a longer term manner, adding valuable innovations, etc. CENTA would like to recruit a person who can lead and build the TPO as an independent vertical. Depending on the extent and relevance of experience, the person could come in as a Manager or a Vertical Head. The ideal candidate could have anywhere between 7 and 15 years of work experience approximately, would have strong experience in managing internal teams in an operating setting and working with external stakeholders including very senior ones, would be oriented towards doing outreach/marketing in innovative cost-effective data-driven ways, would be entrepreneurial and would have strong interest/passion for education (experience in the sector is not necessary). TPO content is not expected to be directly driven by this person but the person is expected to have deep interest in the quality and relevance of content. The role will report to the CEO.
2. Content Specialist: CENTA works with several experienced experts and organizations for content development. CENTA would like to recruit a senior Content Specialist to drive in-house content development, review some of the external content, drive for fundamental enhancements in the objective or multiple choice test and also drive research/enhancement on the CENTA Standards or competencies for teachers, including with interested external organizations/researchers. The role would be more oriented towards the TPO content (i.e. objective multiple choice) in the near term though the person is expected to also contribute to the Full Certificate (practical) content over time. The ideal candidate would have between 10 and 20 years of work experience in education, would preferably bring depth in at least one of the two fields of assessment development and teacher education (which CENTA is on the cusp of), would preferably have a degree in education (though not necessary), would have strong interest in research with ability to translate it to practice, would be data-driven with willingness to change views based on evidence, and would be passionate about maintaining the highest possible quality standard. The role will report to the CEO.
3. Manager of Technology and Data Analytics: CENTA’s technology side is currently driven by a part-time senior technology expert, while data analytics is driven/overseen by a senior member of the core team. With the volume of data generated/used by CENTA increasing, data analytics is becoming an important and exciting function for the organization. Further, technology is an important enabler for both data analytics and various aspects of assessment execution. CENTA would like to recruit a Manager of Technology and Data Analytics who will drive these two functions in an integrated manner. This will involve driving analytics across functions like outreach and assessment results, defining functional requirements for the technology systems that need to be built in CENTA, evaluating in-house vs. outsourced options for various aspects of assessment execution, and developing and testing actual systems. The ideal candidate would bring between 5 and 8 years of experience, a strong background in technology with keen interest in the education sector, willingness to understand the domains of outreach/marketing and education assessment (though experience in the domain is not required), strong logical and analytical skills and experience in handling a range of data, ability to independently program and test functional requirements, comfort with programming in web technologies, open source stacks like LAMP and similar (including scripting languages, middle-tier), database skills including sound ability for database querying (experience with MySQL considered a plus), familiarity with web hosting, ability to independently install and evaluate open source software, for defined functional purpose. The role is ideal for a person from the technology sector looking to make a switch to education, while retaining his/her interest in technology. The role will report to the CEO to begin with.
4 & 5. Associates, TPO team (2 roles): As mentioned earlier, CENTA plans to significantly enhance and scale up the Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad or TPO, making it an almost independent vertical/initiative. TPO already has a small team. CENTA would like to add two associates to the TPO team, one at a middle level (3 to 5 years of experience) and one at early career level (0 to 2 years of experience). Ideal candidates would bring passion for the education space, preferably some understanding of/experience in education (e.g. through a fellowship, voluntary roles, etc.), and core traits/skills such as drive, problem-solving and communication. In addition, the ideal candidate for the mid level person would also bring solid functional experience and interest in outreach/marketing (retail marketing is a plus) and could, for example, be a corporate professional looking to switch to education without prior experience in the sector. The roles will report to the person heading TPO.
6. Associate, Full Certificate team: As mentioned in the overview, the CENTA Certification involves an objective component run as the Olympiad and a practical component called the full certificate. The full certificate has been launched recently and is currently open only to TPO participants. As the full certificate is expected to grow and start having more independent interaction with stakeholders (e.g. schools that want to use it for recruiting/promotion, B.Ed. colleges that want to encourage their students to take it up, etc.), CENTA would like to recruit an Associate for the Full Certificate team, who will be primarily focused on the business development and outreach side, though can be involved in content based on interest. This is a mid level role. The ideal candidate would bring 3 to 5 years of experience, entrepreneurial traits, ability to interact and work independently with several external stakeholders and ability to make the CENTA Certification relevant for the priorities of these various stakeholders by thinking about various options. Content is not expected to be directly driven by this person but the person is expected to have deep interest in the quality and relevance of content. Experience in B2B marketing/outreach in any sector is a plus. The role will report to the Certification Lead.
7. Team member, Technology: Please see the description for Manager of Technology and Data Analytics (#3). Over the next few months, CENTA is also looking to recruit a team member who will report and work with the manager on the same overall priorities, while also supporting the broader team on specific database queries, website changes, etc. The ideal candidate would bring ability to independently program and test functional requirements, comfort with programming in web technologies, open source stacks like LAMP and similar (including scripting languages, middle-tier), database skills including sound ability for database querying (experience with MySQL considered a plus), and familiarity with web hosting.