Who all are eligible to participate in CENTA Certificate?
- Level 1 (L1): For new teachers (typically 0 to 3 years of experience)
- Level 2 (L2): For senior teachers (typically 3 to 10 years of experience)
- Level 3 (L3): For experienced teachers (typically more than 10 years of experience)
Does CENTA Certification differ by subject? Which test tracks are available for CENTA Certification?
- Middle School Maths
- Middle School English
- Middle School Science
- High School Maths
- High School English
- High School Physics
- High School Chemistry
- High School Biology
What are the steps to participate in CENTA Certification? What are the timelines?
- Objective Assessment: An objective computer-based assessment, covering subject expertise (including subject knowledge and pedagogical content knowledge), classroom practices & professional competencies, and logical ability & communication. The CENTA Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad (or TPO) serves as this objective test towards the CENTA certification. The first TPO was conducted on 5th December 2015 with centres in 7 cities. The next TPO has been scheduled for 3rd December 2016 with centres in 22 cities – please visit www.tpo-india.org for more details. Therefore, the CENTA Certification is currently open only for participants of TPO 2015 – please note that there is no score cut-off and you DO NOT need to be a winner in TPO to participate. For this first round, CENTA will accept a maximum of 200 candidates on a first come first serve basis.
- Practical-I: An electronic portfolio submission, consisting of a resume submission; written submissions on lesson planning, assessments, student interactions; video submission demonstrating classroom interactions; surveys of principals and peers and submission of self-reflection based essays. There is no travel involved and participants can make submissions from any location with good internet access.
- Practical-II: A submission cum video based assessment, consisting of specific topical submissions, surveys of parents and students, and a scheduled video-based interview accompanied by on-the-spot long-answer questions. Typically, the candidate will have limited travel requirement for this step as the attempt will be to conduct the video-based interview from a nearby location with high speed internet availability.
- Registration for CENTA Certification (by TPO 2015 participants): 20th September 2016 to 15th November 2016 – maximum of 200 candidates on a first come first serve basis.
- Practical-I submission window: 1st December 2016 to 28th February 2017
- Practical-II submission + interview window: April to June 2017
- Announcement of Results: July-August 2017
What will you get by participating in the CENTA Certification?
- The CENTA Certificate itself, if you meet the expected competencies as per CENTA’s scoring rubrics. These Certificates intend to connect outstanding teachers to a range of opportunities*.
- Even if you do not meet ALL the competencies required for the CENTA Certificate, you may get 'badges' or 'micro-credentials' for specific competencies for which you have met the scoring criteria through your submissions. E.g. someone may receive a micro-credential on ‘subject expertise’; someone else may receive a micro-credential on ‘delivery of instruction’ and so on. You can quote these ‘badges’ or ‘micro-credentials’, on your resume. Further, if you re-apply for the CENTA Certification within the validity period of the micro-credentials (to be specified on the ‘badges’ or ‘micro-credentials’), you will have to repeat only a subset of the modules, not the entire process.
- Each and every participant will receive a detailed confidential report of competencies – strength areas and development areas – which we hope will be a useful input into your professional development.
*Please note that CENTA is not directly doing opportunity creation or professional development, but it will create linkages to both over time
What is the registration fee for participating in the CENTA Certification in 2016?
|Level||Full fees||Discounted Fees for the first 200 candidates registering before March 31st
(for the July window)
|L1||Rs. 6000 (inclusive of service tax)||Rs. 3000 (inclusive of service tax)|
|L2||Rs. 7000 (inclusive of service tax)||Rs. 3500 (inclusive of service tax)|
|L3||Rs. 7000 (inclusive of service tax)||Rs. 3500 (inclusive of service tax)|
- This ‘Discounted fees’ mentioned above is an all-inclusive, i.e. including Service Tax and all other charges. Please note that any expenses associated with submission or travel has to be entirely borne by candidates and are not part of this registration fee.
- Please note that there is no difference in fees for different test tracks.
- All TPO 2015 and TPO 2016 participants are eligible to participate in the CENTA Certification in 2017. There is no cut-off requirement related to TPO scores; however the TPO scores will carry some weightage in the overall Certification. The current CENTA Certification slot has only 200 seats on a first come first serve basis. Click here to register.
- There will be 1-2 slots for CENTA Certification every year, as decided by CENTA. If you are not a TPO participant, but are interested in the CENTA Certification, please enter your email Id and we will keep you posted on next steps.